Cornell-Tsinghua Joint Digital Library Resources
The Joint Cornell-Tsinghua Digital Library Resources-Sharing Website was launched by Cornell University Library and Tsinghua University Library for the purpose of promoting information exchanges, sharing digital resources, and serving faculty and students in both universities in their teaching, learning, and research. The first batch of digital databases shared in this website are mainly focused on China and Asian studies in service of the patrons from Cornell University’s Department of Asian Studies and East Asia Program as well as Tsinghua University’s School of Social Sciences and School of Humanities. 。
- Digital Library on the History of Chinese Science and Technology (DLHCST)
- The DLHCST is developed by Tsinghua University Library and constitutes a component of the China Academic Library and Information System (CALIS). The DLHCST contains information regarding ancient China’s achievements in science and technology in general, and in mathematics, astronomy, machinery, water conservancy, architecture, papermaking, textile, weaponry, and ceramics in particular.
- Digital Database of the Tsinghua University Library Rare Collection (DDTULRC)
- The DDTULRC contains information on over 28,000 titles of Chinese ancient books (approximate 240,000 volumes) and numerous cultural relics, such as oracle bones, bronzes, rubbings, bronze mirrors, ancient coins, calligraphies and paintings, manuscripts, and josses, housed in Tsinghua University Library.
- Digital Tsinghua Archives (DTA)
- The DTA contains information regarding Tsinghua’s notable faculty and graduates, school newspapers and magazines, dissertations and theses, alumni records, academic works published by Tsinghua faculty and alumni, manuscripts, diaries, and letters written by Tsinghua’s famous figures, and historical photos.
- Full-text Digital Database of Tsinghua Weekly (FDDTW)
- 1937. Its editors include famous scholars Wen Yiduo, Gu Yuxiu, Liang Shiqiu and others.
- Database of Cornell Faculty Information（Particularly in the fields of Asian Studies and East Asian Studies）
- Digital Collection of Photos Taken in Beijing during the Late Qing Dynasty and the Early Republic Period
- This is a digital collection of photos taken in Beijing during the late Qing dynasty and the early Republic period by Cornell alumnus Willard Dickerman Straight when he served as the American consul in Shenyang.
- Digital Collection of the Pictorial Shi Shi Hua Bao
- The Shi Shi Hua Bao is a pictorial published in Guangzhou from 1906 to 1913. The magazine, with illustrations and comments, was focused on politic events and aimed at “broadening people’s outlook and inspiring their spirit”.
- Digital Collection of Japanese Cartoons Published during the Russo-Japanese War
- This is a digital collection of Japanese propaganda cartoons collected by Cornell alumnus Willard Dickerman Straight who served first as a reporter and then as an American diplomat during the Russo-Japanese War.